Re: Parsing XML data into PostgreSQL using PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunther Schadow
Subject Re: Parsing XML data into PostgreSQL using PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
Shanker wrote:

> It would be great helpful for me to know, how to parse the data which
> in xml format (.xml) into PostgreSQL using PHP or in any other way.
>
> Scenario: I have the data in .xml format with properly defined tag.  I
> want to upload the data into postgreSQL.  Can i use PHP ? if So I want
> to know the syntax / reference (URL..).  If PHP is not ideal one,
> suggest me some other way to proceed.

I don't know about PHP, but when it comes to XML processing I'm
a believer in XSLT. You can use JDBC from Java-based XSLT processors
(e.g. saxon, xalan.)

good luck,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine