Re: [GENERAL] timezone incompatibility - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [GENERAL] timezone incompatibility
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:

> OK, I found the bug in the jdbc code.  It was treating a date coming
> from the server without timezone information as being in the local
> timezone instead of being in GMT.  I will fix this over the weekend.

For "timestamptz" aka TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE if it doesn't have a time
zone then it is GMT. If it is "timestamp" aka TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME
ZONE then they all are in the local time zone.

Does the JDBC driver let you distinguish between all of the cases?

                    - Thomas