Re: Demo versions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Demo versions
Date
List pgsql-general
Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Hello, anyone got any really simple postgresql demo cd's available?  I'm
> thinking of something that could run off of a CD to provide an easy-to-use
> method for demonstrating the power of pgsql.

Some folks from Brazil did an excellent job of creating a set of scripts that
can be used to make a bootable FreeBSD CD.  You can go through the first few
steps, then chroot to the staging directory and install Postgre (and whatever
other software you want) and adjust startup scripts or create demo databases
to your heart's content.  Then complete the process and actually burn the CD.
The only problem I can see, is how would you make a read/write database that
ran off a CD? Unless you made a huge mfs to put the Postgre data on.
Anywhoo, the scripts can be d/l here:
http://ftp.unicamp.br/pub/FreeBSD-LiveCD/

--
Bill Moran