Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christof Petig
Subject Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> hrmmmm ... do you have a working Windows development environment?  I'm
> running WinXP at home, but don't have any of the compilers or anything
> yet, so all my work for the first part is going to be done under Unix ...
>
> but someone that knows something about building makefiles for Windows, and
> compiling under it, will definitely be a major asset ;)

I think if you are familiar with make and gcc (and perhaps autoconf),
MinGW and MSys are the development environment of choice on Windows. You
even get /bin/sh. But the generated program does not depend on any
custom library (like cygwin does). It's even possible to cross compile
from a Linux box (actully powerpc in my case).

Look at http://mingw.sourceforge.net (and there for msys).
   Christof