Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 3 May 2002, mlw wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
> >
> > Morning all ...
> >
> >         Just a heads up that over the next little while, I'm planning on
> > making a bunch of commits in order to work on making the code able to work
> > natively in the above environments ... my work will mostly focus on Win32
> > (since I have no OS2/BeOS installs), but alot of the changes will be such
> > that it will benefit the others as well ...
> >
> >         The initial changes will be to just wrapper all our shared memory
> > code, so that I can make use of Apache's libapr libraries *if* they are
> > installed ... if not, it will just fall back to "the current code" ...
>
> If you want any assistance, drop me an email. I spent a long time (> decade)
> doing Windows applications and drivers and know a good number of the cool
> tricks.

hrmmmm ... do you have a working Windows development environment?  I'm
running WinXP at home, but don't have any of the compilers or anything
yet, so all my work for the first part is going to be done under Unix ...

but someone that knows something about building makefiles for Windows, and
compiling under it, will definitely be a major asset ;)