Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Travis Hoyt
Subject Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Will there really be a need for a BeOS development with the sale of Be to
Palm?  Is BeOS even still available?  It might not be worth the time to
develop for BeOS until you see what Palm decides to do with the software.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Marc G. Fournier
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 9:48 AM
To: mlw
Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports

On Fri, 3 May 2002, mlw wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
> >
> > Morning all ...
> >
> >         Just a heads up that over the next little while, I'm planning
on
> > making a bunch of commits in order to work on making the code able to
work
> > natively in the above environments ... my work will mostly focus on
Win32
> > (since I have no OS2/BeOS installs), but alot of the changes will be
such
> > that it will benefit the others as well ...
> >
> >         The initial changes will be to just wrapper all our shared
memory
> > code, so that I can make use of Apache's libapr libraries *if* they
are
> > installed ... if not, it will just fall back to "the current code" ...
>
> If you want any assistance, drop me an email. I spent a long time (>
decade)
> doing Windows applications and drivers and know a good number of the
cool
> tricks.

hrmmmm ... do you have a working Windows development environment?  I'm
running WinXP at home, but don't have any of the compilers or anything
yet, so all my work for the first part is going to be done under Unix ...

but someone that knows something about building makefiles for Windows, and
compiling under it, will definitely be a major asset ;)