Re: "make report" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: "make report"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If you want to collect information about what features are portable you
> can check other software packages, product manuals, ports trees, etc.
> Most issues are documented someplace.

Oh goodness. Thanks for offering me a new hobby ;)

> Btw., yes, 8 byte integers are missing on some platforms.

Right. The two areas which come to mind are integer availability and the
timezone support (as you might know we support *three* different time
zone models). At the moment, none of the developers know the features
supported on the platforms we claim to support. Which platforms do not
have int8 support still? Which do not have time zone interfaces fitting
into the two "zonefull" styles? I'd like to know, but istm that the
people *with* the platforms could do this much more easily than those
without. What am I missing here??
                     - Thomas