Re: Patches applied; initdb time! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Patches applied; initdb time!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>>With fairly vanilla configure options, I get...
>

> Please be specific on the options and platform. I do *not* see these
> warnings here with my "fairly vanilla configure options" ;)
>
> Can't fix what I can't see, and we should track down what interactions
> are happening to get these variables exposed...
>
> btw, the INT64CONST must be defined for int8 (which is where I get the
> definition for the date/time stuff); not sure why it appears in two
> separate places and not sure why my compiler (gcc-2.96.xxx) does not
> notice it.

I just built from cvs tip using:
./configure --enable-integer-datetimes --enable-locale  --enable-debug
--enable-cassert --enable-multibyte --enable-syslog --enable-nls
--enable-depend

and got:

gram.y:6688: warning: `set_name_needs_quotes' defined but not used

variable.c: In function `parse_datestyle':
variable.c:262: warning: `rstat' might be used uninitialized in this
function
variable.c:264: warning: `value' might be used uninitialized in this
function

-- and the usual lexer related warnings --

pgc.c: In function `yylex':
pgc.c:1249: warning: label `find_rule' defined but not used
pgc.l: At top level:
pgc.c:3073: warning: `yy_flex_realloc' defined but not used
and

pl_scan.c: In function `plpgsql_base_yylex':
pl_scan.c:1020: warning: label `find_rule' defined but not used
scan.l: At top level:
pl_scan.c:2321: warning: `yy_flex_realloc' defined but not used

but did *not* get the INT64CONST warning that Tom did. I'm using an
updated Red Hat 7.2 box.

HTH,

Joe