Re: Patches applied; initdb time! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patches applied; initdb time!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <thomas@fourpalms.org> writes:
> More specifically, the *only* compiler warning I see (other than the
> usual yacc/lex symbol warnings) is that a routine in gram.y,
> set_name_needs_quotes(), is defined but not used. Don't know where that
> routine came from, and afaik I didn't accidentally remove a reference
> when trying to merge changes...

Yeah, you did.  However the routine could possibly go away now.
It was a hack I put in recently to handle cases like

regression=# create schema "MySchema";
CREATE
regression=# create schema "MyOtherSchema";
CREATE
regression=# set search_path TO "MySchema", "MyOtherSchema";
ERROR:  SET takes only one argument for this parameter

Formerly gram.y merged the list items into a single string, and so it
needed to double-quote mixed-case names to prevent case folding when
the string got re-parsed later.

This example worked last week, and probably would work again if the
system were applying your new list-argument logic for search_path ...
but I'm not sure where to look to learn about that.