Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Loftis
Subject Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Numbers being run on a BSD box now...

FreeBSD 4.3-p27 512MB RAM 2xPiii600 Xeon ona  4 disk RAID 5 ARRAY on a
dedicated ICP Vortex card.  Sorry no single drives on this box, I have
an outboard Silicon Gear Mercury on a motherboard based Adaptec
controller I can test as well.  I'll post when the tests on the Vortex
are done.  I'm using 2Gb files ATM, I'll look at the code and see if it
can be made to work with large files.  Atleast for FreeBSD the change
will be mostly taking doing s/fseek/fseeko/g s/size_t/off_t/g or
something similar.  FreeBSD seems ot prefer teh Open Unix standard in
this regard...

This will make it usable for much larger test files.