Re: [Fwd: AW: More UB-Tree patent information] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [Fwd: AW: More UB-Tree patent information]
Date
Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: AW: More UB-Tree patent information]  (Tycho Fruru <tycho.fruru@conostix.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 16:32, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > This is Prof. Bayer's response to the question "is it alright to use
> > UB-Tree's in Open Source projects?".
>
> Have you found out _what_ exaclty is patented ?
>
> Is it just his concrete implementation of "UB-Tree" or something
> broader, like using one multi-dimensional index instead of multiple
> one-dimensional ones ?

Is there any way of finding out instead of asking him directly?  Maybe
the patent places have online info?

Professor Bayer isn't being overly informative.

Anyone know?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift