[Fwd: AW: More UB-Tree patent information] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject [Fwd: AW: More UB-Tree patent information]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

This is Prof. Bayer's response to the question "is it alright to use
UB-Tree's in Open Source projects?".

It's a "No, but we can discuss a licensing model" type answer.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: AW: More UB-Tree patent information
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:26:05 +0200
From: "Prof. Rudolf Bayer" <bayer@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
To: "Justin Clift" <justin@postgresql.org>

Dear Justin,
I am personally holder of the patents.
concerning your question:
> Specifically wondering if it's alright to use UB-Tree's in
> Open Source projects.
the answer is NO, unless there is a patent agreement with me.
Please let me know, what specifically the interests and business models
are,
then we could discuss a licensing model in line with the already
existing
license agreements,
best regards,
R. Bayer
Prof. Rudolf Bayer, Ph.D.
Institut fuer Informatik, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
Orleansstr. 34, D-81667 Muenchen, Germany
tel: ++49-89-48095 171     email: bayer@in.tum.de