Re: BETWEEN SYMMETRIC/ASYMMETRIC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BETWEEN SYMMETRIC/ASYMMETRIC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also, Tom (or anyone): in regards to your previous email, should I just go
> back to using opt_symmetry to shorten the number of productions, since I
> have to make them reserved words anyway?

Might as well.  No point in writing more productions if it doesn't buy
anything.

BTW, I've forgotten whether your patch is purely syntactic or not,
but I'd really like to see someone fix things so that BETWEEN has its
own expression node tree type and is not expanded into some ugly
"A>=B and A<=C" equivalent.  This would (a) allow it to be
reverse-listed reasonably, and (b) eliminate redundant evaluations of
the subexpressions.