Could not start service on 2003 when postgres user in administrators group - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Neftin, Slava
Subject Could not start service on 2003 when postgres user in administrators group
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I saw that Postgres is supporting to run with user with administrative perm=
issions.
There is a code that dropping administrative privileges ad startup.
However, I see that when I am changing "postgres" user to be as part of "Ad=
ministrators" group, starting of service fails with error in Event's Log:
"could not open process token: error code 5".
When I am running in XP everything is OK, but in 2003 it fails.

I see that the error is logged from "postgres.exe" process when OpenProcess=
Token call fails.

Is it a bug? Please assist what can be done to overcome it?

Thanks in advance,
Slava Neftin