BUG #4664: \o does not allow successive output to be appended - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Brent Wood
Subject BUG #4664: \o does not allow successive output to be appended
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4664
Logged by:          Brent Wood
Email address:      pcreso@pcreso.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.16
Operating system:   SLES, OpenSuse
Details:

The \o command to capture output to a fike will overwrite any existing file.
I have users here wishing to accumulate \o output in a file. Perhaps a \o+
option could be provided to allow successive output to be appended to the
same file?

Tom Lane suggested \o | cat >> file as a workaround.

I know this is not a bug, but I couldn't find anywhere to submit a wishlist
item, only pages listing existing items.