ODBC problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mark
Subject ODBC problem
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi

Please help... Im trying to connect to postgresql via ODBC using the
iodbc driver manager.   As part of that package theres a odbctest
program that can be ran, however it appears to be failing.   Im kind of
stumped as to where to go next as the error isn't too usefull.

The error I am getting in the iodbc tracefile is..

SQLDriverConnect( ... )
SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND

odbctest just exits with no usefull information..

When I run odbctest I connect to it using the connect string :
DSN=Postgres    and It seems to be finding my odbc.ini file okay.   My
odbc.ini file looks like

;
;  odbc.ini
;
[ODBC Data Sources]
  Postgres    = Postgres

[Postgres]
  Driver        = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so.0
  Host            = localhost
  Database    = marksdb
  TraceFile       = /tmp/odbc.trace
  Trace           = 1

Im pretty new to this so its almost certainly an education problem.   Is
there any better documentation on ODBC installation/configuration at all
for postgresql

Mark