Re: Bad timestamp external representation '2001-05-11 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Bad timestamp external representation '2001-05-11
Date
List pgsql-general
> ERROR:  Bad timestamp external representation '2001-05-11 00.00.00'
> Is this dot notation of date time not supported? I cannot change directly my
> inserton query, so is there a way to enable this notation ( maybe
> configuring locale ? ) ?

Hmm. This is the first report I've had (or at least that I can recall)
of using dot notation for time fields. PostgreSQL recognizes dots for
year/month/day fields.

It will require some source code changes to make this work for you. *OR*
you should use to_date() to read in the data, which seems a much better
choice ;) When you said that you cannot change the insertion query, do
you mean that you cannot change the query itself, or cannot change the
data going into the query? You've *got* to have some control over one or
the other, right?

Where are you located? Is this a common notation in that part of the
world?

                      - Thomas