Prepared statement and pgbouncer - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Palaniappan Thiyagarajan
Subject Prepared statement and pgbouncer
Date
List pgsql-admin

All,

We are experiencing prepared statement error in our application using pgbouncer/PostgreSQL 8.3

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: prepared statement "S_1"
already exists
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1525)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1309)
at

We don’t want to touch anything on application and we would like to overcome this issue by tuning pgbouncer or postgres.

Any pointer to this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Palani