PostgreSQL the right choice? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Chrenko
Subject PostgreSQL the right choice?
Date
Re: PostgreSQL the right choice?  ("David Siebert" <david@eclipsecat.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have been looking for a RDBMS to deploy with our solar energy
simulation.

MySQL looks like it's free until you want to bundle it with a commercial
application, at which time license fees are required. What is the
situation with PostgreSQL?

Given that we have a Java application and don't have the manpower to
port a DBMS, what are the platforms on which PostgreSQL is currently
stable?

Is it possible to deploy PostgreSQL via an installer program, then
automatically run a script to generate the tables and populate them with
data from flat files?

Thanks for any comments.
--
Richard Chrenko, Informatik