Re: Sql basic Query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tommi Maekitalo
Subject Re: Sql basic Query
Date
List pgsql-general
It isn't that easy. Try this (haven't tested it):

SELECT news1.id, news2.id, news3.id, message
FROM   news AS news1, news AS news2, news AS news3
WHERE  news1.id < news2.id AND news2.id > news3.id
  and not exists (
    select 1
      from news n
     where n.id > news1.id and n.id < news2.id)
  and not exists (
    select 1
      from news n
     where n.id > news2.id and n.id < news3.id)

Tommi Mäkitalo