Re: Protection of intellectual property (Schema & SQL code) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Medi Montaseri
Subject Re: Protection of intellectual property (Schema & SQL code)
Date
List pgsql-general
Another approach is to include as part of your service agreement a very
high class Customer Care type of deal at no cost. You present it as

In order for ACME to provide you with best level of service, our products
does periodical and random self examination and maintain a status link with

the mother ship. Our elaborate preventive technologies will inform you of
any updates or potential problems. etc etc etc, you get the idea....

But what you are really doing is testing your customer. If your customer
says,
oh...yeh....what do you mean you randomly check things,  and no we don't
want
any messages to be sent out, then you know you have a problem....

There is also another long term way of fixing this....
Next time you see a friend, a causin or coworker asking you for
a copy of some US made software. Tell them I can not let you do
that. Because If this goes  on, then someday, somebody would do
that to my product.