Re: ANY GOOD USER'S GUIDE ONLINE?? (with simple example - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ANY GOOD USER'S GUIDE ONLINE?? (with simple example
Date
List pgsql-general
Pam Wampler wrote:
> I have just gotten Mr. Momjiuan's book today & already it has
> helped me tremendously I previously  had gotten the Practical
> PostgreSql & in my opinion,  it is not quite as extensive as
> Mr. Momjian's book.
>
> I too am very new to postgresql coming from an oracle background
> & am learning the various new/different working with PostgreSql.

OK, let me chime in here.  I think the books present their material in
different ways, and the good thing is that they are both online so
people can choose the book that best meets their needs best.  Here is an
article I wrote one year after my book was published that goes over some
of this:

    http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/bookoneyear.html