Re: MySQL/InnoDB benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc Lavergne
Subject Re: MySQL/InnoDB benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Out of curiosity I ran the "benchmark" on an untuned fairly loaded
single 1Ghz CPU box, my times based on their specs were (in seconds
rounded up):

Insert of 100 000 rows,
copied from a table           3

Sum of an integer
column from a join of
100 000 rows                  3

Granted it's still slower than the InnoDB results and I did test against
7.2, but I'm sure with a little tweaking I could almost halve my times.
I have to agree with the others, something looks awful funny about their
results! However, I would add that it's all a moot point really since
the benchmark doesn't even attempt to test concurrent transactions but
that's probably for a reason! ;-)

Cheers,

Marc