Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Anthony Molinaro
Subject Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sheesh...

I work with 2 MIT guys, and man, you guys will never admit you're wrong.
Must be something in the water down there ;)

Hey man, you know what, to each his own
(but Apostol is one of my favorites, so maybe have that in common? :)

You apparently like this shortcut, so be it.

I'll say this tho, Oracle and db2 don't do it even tho
it's in the standard and their optimizer is already doing
the right thing. That's gotta tell ya something, no?

don't look for this feature to be something you can do everywhere.
If for some reason postgres implements it, it will be the only
vendor to do so (though, this seems like a very MySQL-ish thing to do
so maybe not just Postgres)

take care, Anthony