Re: initdb - segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bradley Brown
Subject Re: initdb - segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,
    Thanks for your comments. I cannot think of anything that might be out
of the ordinary on this machine. I did the install of the RHL 7.1 myself.
    I also did the install of the rpms myself and encountered no problems or
errors.
    I am including the backtrace form the gdb on the core produced my
initdb.
    Thanks again for your help.
Bradley Brown

gdb output with backtrace -

[postgres@huma 1]$ cat gdb.out
GNU gdb 5.0rh-5 Red Hat Linux 7.1

conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"..."/usr/bin/initdb": not in
executable format: File format not recognized

Core was generated by `/usr/bin/postgres -o /dev/null -O -F
-D/var/lib/pgsql/data template1'.
#0  0x402b66b9 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x402b66b9 in ?? ()