Re: frustration with database size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Rae
Subject Re: frustration with database size
Date
List pgsql-general
Einar Karttunen wrote:
> On 21.01.02 14:40 -0600(+0000), Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
> > well, that certainly is data. but what does it mean?
> > what does this query actually spell out?
> > to what do relkind and relpages refere?
> > just curious.
> >
> It's documented in the developers guide:
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?catalog-pg-class.html

I have some CGI scripts which I use to produce web pages
for monitoring the size of my databases. which uses similar
queries.

I was going to be packaging this up nicely at some point, but if
you think it might be of some use you can get a copy of it as it
currently stands from

http://www.rahu.demon.co.uk/pgstat.tgz

You should be able to untar it into your cgi-bin directory, and then
change the user/password etc. in PGSConfig.pm

You can then access it as
http://machinename/cgi-bin/pgstat/dblist.pl

    -Mark

--
Mark Rae                                       Tel: +44(0)20 7074 4648
Inpharmatica                                   Fax: +44(0)20 7074 4700