Re: TODO question and claim - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Humphries
Subject Re: TODO question and claim
Date
List pgsql-hackers
sorry, i misunderstood what he said. since maxbackends is global,
would like something that isnt global, like relative to a db. here
is his messages:

--snip--

<DarcyB> maxbackends is GLOBAL, not specific to a DB and/or
Authentication methood
<DarcyB> For example if you have a postgresinstall, with a maxbackends of 64
<chrish> authentication method?
<DarcyB> but that postmaster has 3 DB's in it.. (accounting, crm, demo)
<DarcyB> and you want to allow 32 connections to accounting 24 to crm
and 8 to demo
<DarcyB> ....
<chrish> right, makes sence
<DarcyB> as per auth methood, I want to allow only 2 "remote"
connections via SSL, and 16 via straight unix domain  and 14 via
standatd TCP

--snip--

sorry for the communication error.

-chris