TODO question and claim - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Humphries
Subject TODO question and claim
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello All,    For those on IRC, i am drauku/slipjack/chrish.
    First i would like to start off by coding a feature that DarcyB, nick from IRC, suggested as a starting point for
me.A max connections settable limit. Since Bruce said that in 7.2 the pg_hda.conf gets reloaded into cache on a SIGHUP,
iguess i could stick it in there and keep it backwards compatable? thoughts?

    Second, on this TODO item:      * Point-in-time data recovery using backup and write-ahead log
    This is like journaling but with a database? Can someone please give me info on this? Thanks.
    Also, can anyone point out any "newbie" items that i could do to get started learning this api and system from the
interalsviewpoint? I am commited to coding for this project, and wanna get alot of stuff done so i will be at a place
wherei can help out with replication and all it's madness :)

Thanks,
Chris