Use of Serial Datatype and Sequence Issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Innes
Subject Use of Serial Datatype and Sequence Issue
Date
Re: Use of Serial Datatype and Sequence Issue
List pgsql-general
I am new to postgres and am in the process of creating a new database of
several 100 tables.  Most of the tables have a serial datatype. When the
table is created psql says it is creating an implicit sequence.  Yet
when I drop the table and even when I drop the database the sequence is
still there. When I try to re-create the table it fails beacuse the
sequence already exists.  This same behaviour exists for indexes.  How
can I get rid of any sequences or indexes that have been created.  I
would prefer not to explicitly drop each one.  Ideally I would like to
drop the table and have all related indexes, sequences dropped.

Tom