Re: problems transfering databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Miroslav Koncar
Subject Re: problems transfering databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Tom,

problem solved! The error was caused by interpreting \N as a special character, and not what postgreSQL wants it to be. I've solved it by replaceing all \N with \\N in a texteditor, which made the shell not to interpret the character.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Miroslav

Tom Lane wrote:

Miroslav Koncar <miroslav.koncar@etk.ericsson.se> writes:
> The only thing I can think of is the PostgreSQL versions. My collegue is
> using 7.0.3, and I use 7.1.2. Comments?

That wouldn't produce a carriage-return problem.

It's possible that we're barking up the wrong tree, and that the issue
is not carriage returns but something else --- I just jumped to that
conclusion based on the way you presented the error message.  But maybe
the error message was mangled because you were sloppy about cutting-and-
pasting it into your email, or some such.  Have you looked at the data
to try to narrow down exactly which line is being rejected?

                        regards, tom lane