RedHat startup script and environment variables in 7.1.2? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wampler
Subject RedHat startup script and environment variables in 7.1.2?
Date
Re: RedHat startup script and environment variables in 7.1.2?  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
List pgsql-general
It looks as though the init.d script "postgres" supplied with
7.1.2 no longer propagates environment variables to pg_ctl.  Was that
an intentional change?  Or is this something no one else sees?

I put databases off on their own partition, away from /var/lib/pgsql.
In the base, all I had to do was add:

export SOLISDB=.....

into /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres to use createdb --location SOLISDB

but I just noticed that this isn't working with 7.1.2.  Instead, I
have to put the export directly into /usr/bin/pg_ctl - which I'm not
particularly fond of doing.

Thanks!

--
Steve Wampler-  SOLIS Project, National Solar Observatory
swampler@noao.edu