Re: RedHat startup script and environment variables in 7.1.2? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: RedHat startup script and environment variables in 7.1.2?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 23 August 2001 11:43, Steve Wampler wrote:
> I put databases off on their own partition, away from /var/lib/pgsql.
> In the base, all I had to do was add:

> export SOLISDB=.....

Ok, what is wrong with making /var/lib/pgsql it's own partition?  I do that
myself.  On my production server, /var/lib/pgsql is the mount point for
/dev/hdb6.

> but I just noticed that this isn't working with 7.1.2.  Instead, I
> have to put the export directly into /usr/bin/pg_ctl - which I'm not
> particularly fond of doing.

And you're fond of editing the initscript that can be upgraded on top of you?
The init.d script should not be edited. Really.  There is, however, a
.bash_profile in /var/lib/pgsql that sets environment variables that are
propagated to pg_ctl (IIRC).  Edit that, as it won't be overwritten on the
next upgrade.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio