Re: [HACKERS] Re: WIN32 errno patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Mikhail Terekhov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: WIN32 errno patch
Date
List pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

> > I will try to apply it within the next 48 hours.
>
> This isn't the right patch to apply, since Mikhail didn't fix the
> strerror problem.  I have some code from Magnus Naeslund that purports
> to handle the strerror issue, and will work it up into a patch real soon
> now.

As i've said in my other message this code doesn't solve the strerror
problem. I'd suggest to separate these two problems because
    1. Without errno patch the code doesn't even compile,
       but with errno patch the code compiles and works.
    2. Without strerror patch we will have the same result as before,
       i.e. error code but no error message. IMHO, it is impossible
       to get winsock error messages without some system or version
       dependent hack.

Regards,
Mikhail Terekhov