New version of XML support routines (0.2) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From John Gray
Subject New version of XML support routines (0.2)
Date
Re: New version of XML support routines (0.2)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: New version of XML support routines (0.2)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: New version of XML support routines (0.2)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Dear all,

One announcement and two questions!

1. I've now produced an updated version (and called it 0.2) of my XML
parser interface code. It now uses libxml2 instead of expat (though I've
left the old code in the tarball). This means *proper* XPath support, and
the provided function allows you to wrap your result set in XML tags to
produce a new XML document.

2. Question: I have uploaded the code to the same website as before
http://cabbage.uklinux.net/. Is this the right thing to do, or would
posting it here (to -patches) as an attachment be the right thing to do?

3. Question: Given the discussion triggered about PostGIS, should this be
in contrib at all? Should I just maintain it as a separate module on my
site, and have it listed as an available extension somewhere? That means
that I'm not wasting people's time inserting it every time I revise it.

In case this is relevant:  It is 7k as a tar.gz and 44k unpacked.

Any comments?

Regards

John [note changed e-mail address, jgray@azuli.co.uk -it was
jgray@beansindustry.co.uk]]

PS If anyone is finding this at all useful, I'd be glad to know!