Patch for JDBC to update some comments - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Barry Lind
Subject Patch for JDBC to update some comments
Date
Re: Patch for JDBC to update some comments  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
This patch updates some comments in the DatabaseMetaData classes to
reflect a mail thread that discussed our conformance (or lack thereof)
to the SQL92 spec.

thanks,
--Barry
*** ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1/DatabaseMetaData.java.orig    Sat Aug  4 12:32:04 2001
--- ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1/DatabaseMetaData.java    Wed Aug 15 22:39:55 2001
***************
*** 680,686 ****

    /**
     * Does this driver support the ANSI-92 entry level SQL grammar?
!    * All JDBC Compliant drivers must return true.
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
--- 680,691 ----

    /**
     * Does this driver support the ANSI-92 entry level SQL grammar?
!    * All JDBC Compliant drivers must return true. We currently
!    * report false until 'schema' support is added.  Then this
!    * should be changed to return true, since we will be mostly
!    * compliant (probably more compliant than many other databases)
!    * And since this is a requirement for all JDBC drivers we
!    * need to get to the point where we can return true.
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
***************
*** 726,732 ****
    }

    /**
!    * Is some form of outer join supported?  From my knowledge, nope.
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
--- 731,737 ----
    }

    /**
!    * Is some form of outer join supported?
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
***************
*** 737,744 ****
    }

    /**
!    * Are full nexted outer joins supported?  Well, we dont support any
!    * form of outer join, so this is no as well
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
--- 742,748 ----
    }

    /**
!    * Are full nexted outer joins supported?
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
***************
*** 749,756 ****
    }

    /**
!    * Is there limited support for outer joins?  (This will be true if
!    * supportFullOuterJoins is true)
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
--- 753,759 ----
    }

    /**
!    * Is there limited support for outer joins?
     *
     * @return true if so
     * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
*** ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/DatabaseMetaData.java.orig    Wed Aug 15 22:25:44 2001
--- ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/DatabaseMetaData.java    Wed Aug 15 22:37:10 2001
*** 680,686 ****

    /**