Re: permission errors - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Noah Roberts
Subject Re: permission errors
Date
List pgsql-novice
> I have granted the user UPDATE permission on this table several times.
> I check the perms and they look right.  I cannot update the hit_count of
> the link table as user 'masks'.

Ok, I fixed the problem, but I need to know why it worked.  What I did was
grant the masks_adm user all access rights to the masks_user table.  I had
not realized I had changed the user that accesses the tables at this
point....the confusion though has to do with the fact that the masks_user
table is not accessed in that ENTIRE php script!  The querry at the line that
errors is "UPDATE link set hit_count=hit_count+1 WHERE key=$link;" and a
"grep masks_user directory.php" turned up nothing.

There is a foreign key to masks_user but it is not used in this querry....is
that the thing of it?