Re: minimum hardware for Postgresql Install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nils Zonneveld
Subject Re: minimum hardware for Postgresql Install
Date
List pgsql-general

Michael wrote:

> Whats the minimum hardware anyone has installed Postgresql on ?
> Someone is thowing out some old pc's and thought I might make use of
> one.

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.1.2. on a very ancient Pentium 120 Mhz with 64
Mb RAM and it's running just fine. Though I have to admit that building
in a new SCSI hard disk in stead of the old IDE harddisk boosted
performance. I thought that PostgreSQL runs even with as little as 32 Mb
RAM in the system, though you have to pay a performance price for that.

Regards,

Nils

--
Alles van waarde is weerloos