Re: Regression tests for OBSD scrammed.. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Regression tests for OBSD scrammed..
Date
Re: Regression tests for OBSD scrammed..  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > Possible solutions: (a) rename tables in one test or the other,
> > or (b) use TEMPORARY tables in one test or the other.  I kinda
> > like (b), just to exercise temp tables in some interesting new
> > ways.  Whaddya think?

I have a preference for (a). If we want to test temporary tables, let's
have a test which does that. But having a possible name conflict mixed
in to another test seems to be asking for trouble, or at least does not
decouple things as much as they could be.

There is a benefit to having complex tests (a great benefit) but without
also having decoupled tests the diagnostic benefit is not as clear cut
imho.

Bruce, would you have time to generate a regression test for temporary
tables? If we don't have one now, we should.
                       - Thomas