Re: Regression tests for OBSD scrammed.. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Regression tests for OBSD scrammed..
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Possible solutions: (a) rename tables in one test or the other,
> or (b) use TEMPORARY tables in one test or the other.  I kinda
> like (b), just to exercise temp tables in some interesting new
> ways.  Whaddya think?

> I have a preference for (a). If we want to test temporary tables, let's
> have a test which does that. But having a possible name conflict mixed
> in to another test seems to be asking for trouble, or at least does not
> decouple things as much as they could be.

But we already have a ton of regress tests that work on nonconflicting
table names.  Seems like we add coverage if we try a few that are doing
parallel uses of plain and temp tables of the same name.

> Bruce, would you have time to generate a regression test for temporary
> tables? If we don't have one now, we should.

There is one.  But as a single test, it proves nothing about whether
temp tables conflict with similarly-named tables from the point of view
of another backend.