Any real known bugs about wrong selects? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Teran
Subject Any real known bugs about wrong selects?
Date
Re: Any real known bugs about wrong selects?  (Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann@yahoo.com>)
Re: Any real known bugs about wrong selects?  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

we are currently using another database product but besides some
licensing issues we are finding more and more problems with the
database. We are evaluating PostgreSQL and it looks quite handy.
Interesting features paired with good performance and a lot of users
seems to be a prove for the quality.

I wonder if people encountered bugs like 'a select returns a wrong
number of rows' or any other very serious bugs. We do not have problems
with things like database crashes (because we already needed to check
and fix such things with the other database product) or with slow
execution time in some cases but we take it very serious if a bug
results in -wrong- result sets because we are calculating bills and
other things which is very sensible to wrong results from select
statements.

As PostgeSQL is not a commercial product i hope that we are getting
real, more reliable answers about bugs than from the database producer
whose product we are using since now.

Regards David