Re: Re: RC3 ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Re: RC3 ...
Date
Re: Re: RC3 ...  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Okay, unless someone can come up with a really good argument *for* why
> docs has to be included as part of the main tar file, I'm going to change
> the distributin generating script so that it generates a .src.tar.gz file
> seperate from the .doc.tar.gz file, which will make .src.tar.gz ~6Meg
> instead of the 8meg we are currently forcing ppl to download ...

> Peter E, is there anything part of the configure/make procedure that
> *requires* pgsql/doc to be there else it will break?  If so, can you
> possibly put it as a test "if docs exists, deal with it, else ignore"?

We're going to do this at this point in the release cycle?  IOW, is
there going to be an RC4 with this new packaging, or is the first-off
tarball with new packaging going to be the *final* 7.1 release *raised
eyebrow*?

I am certainly NOT opposed to doing this -- just questioning the timing.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio