Re: Re: RC3 ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Re: RC3 ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen writes:

> We're going to do this at this point in the release cycle?  IOW, is
> there going to be an RC4 with this new packaging, or is the first-off
> tarball with new packaging going to be the *final* 7.1 release *raised
> eyebrow*?
>
> I am certainly NOT opposed to doing this -- just questioning the timing.

I'm also questioning the timing and I am undoubtedly opposed to this.
We're talking about butchering up the released distribution less than a
week before publication.  We had a year to discuss this and various
questions about how to handle documentation building, distributions, and
installation were raised during that time.