Re: Re: RC3 ... and rpms... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Re: RC3 ... and rpms...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Franck Martin wrote:
> I have no idea if what I say is true about the PG distribution by PG people, but
> I have noticed than in the rpms of other distros the postgresql-devel rpms do not
> include all the .h files necessary to build PG extensions. For instance the
> rtree.h and itup.h and gist.h headers are missing. Could you please ensure that
> all the headers are taken into account when you write your spec file.

The RPMs now (as of 7.1beta4) use the 'make install-all-headers'
incantation to generate the development headers.  If this doesn't get
the headers you need, then install-all-headers needsto be modified to
really install ALL headers.

With my latest RC3 RPM's (which I am preparing to upload to the
PostgreSQL ftp server sometime this morning, once I get some other
reorganization done and some contrib stuff built), I get the following
results:

[root@utility i386]# rpm -ql postgresql-devel|grep gist
/usr/include/pgsql/access/gist.h
/usr/include/pgsql/access/gistscan.h