Configure problems on Solaris 2.7, pgsql 7.02 and 7.03 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ciaran Johnston
Subject Configure problems on Solaris 2.7, pgsql 7.02 and 7.03
Date
Re: Configure problems on Solaris 2.7, pgsql 7.02 and 7.03  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Sorry to bother you's but I am currently doing a database comparison and
have been trying to get postgresql installed. I'm running Solaris 2.7. I
downloaded pgsql 7.03 and ran ./configure in the src/ directory. This
was fine until the very end when this error appeared:

creating ./config.status
creating GNUmakefile
sed: command garbled: s%@CC_VERSION@%Version: CSE C Compiler CAA 139
1065/11 R14A
creating Makefile.global
sed: command garbled: s%@CC_VERSION@%Version: CSE C Compiler CAA 139
1065/11 R14A
creating backend/port/Makefile
sed: command garbled: s%@CC_VERSION@%Version: CSE C Compiler CAA 139
1065/11 R14A
creating backend/catalog/genbki.sh
sed: command garbled: s%@CC_VERSION@%Version: CSE C Compiler CAA 139
1065/11 R14A
creating include/config.h

I am using GNU make (obviously - I got it this far :-). As the error was
sed-related I thought at first that I had to use GNU sed - so I d/loaded
that - no help. My sed knowledge is limited to knowing the name, but a
newsgroup user informed me that:

#######################

The substitute command requires 3 delimiters like this:
s%<find>%<replace_with>%<flags>                          ^                          |
\_________>Is this missing

in your configure file?

The error message you pasted implies that only 2 delimiters were
present.
If that is the case, just throw another one of those percent signs at
the
end of the command.

#######################

Is this the case? Is this a problem you have seen before? Am I doing
something wrong? I would dearly like to know as I have heard good
reports about pg and it's relative performance over MySQL and
proprietary systems.

Thanking you for your time,

Ciaran.

--