Re: Compiling pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Brian P Millett
Subject Re: Compiling pgsql_perl5-1.9.0
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Mario Pena wrote:

> Hello I am having problems with the Perl Module pgsql_perl5-1.8.1.
>
> This is the output of perl -V:
> mario@sol (~/post/pgsql_perl5-1.8.1) perl -V
> Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3) configuration:
>   Platform:
>     osname=solaris, osvers=2.8, archname=sun4-solaris
>     uname='sunos localhost 5.8 sun4u sparc sunw,ultra-1 '
>     hint=previous, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
>     usethreads=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
>   Compiler:
>     cc='cc', optimize='-xO3 -xdepend', gccversion=

The perl that you are using was compiled with cc='cc'

> /usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

Since you are on a sparc system running solaris, check the file type of /usr/ucb/cc:

bash-2.03# file /usr/ucb/cc
/usr/ucb/cc:    executable /usr/bin/sh script

Yep, its a shell script that is not a compiler.  Bets are that you need to fix your PATH to include
the correct 'cc' compiler.

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms