Re: Performance monitor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Performance monitor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Wouldn't another approach be to write a C function that does the
necessary work, then just call it like any other C function?

i.e.  Connect to the database and issue a "select
perf_stats('/tmp/stats-2001-03-08-01.txt')" ?

Or similar?

Sure, that means another database connection which would change the
resource count but it sounds like a more consistent approach.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift