Re: Open 7.1 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Open 7.1 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > > P O S T G R E S Q L
> > >
> > > 7 . 1  O P E N    I T E M S
> > >
> > > Current at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.
> >
> > Any possibility of putting my getlocale into contrib ?
> >
> > I agree that it should in fact be in the pg_locale.c but that would be a
> > feature and we don't add new features this late.
> >
> > OTOH it is helpful if users (specially those that use rpm's or other
> > packaged binaries) have an easy way to find out
> > what locale they happen to run in (as it often it just happens ;)
>
> Actually, I have something from Oliver Elphick called pg_controldata:

Could you send it to me so that I can find out how he gets the
LC_COLLATE
and LC_CTYPE from backend (assuming it tells backend locale not cients)
?
>         $ pg_controldata
>         Log file id:                          0
>         Log file segment:                     5
>         Last modified:                        Wed Feb  7 19:35:47 2001
>         Database block size:                  8192
>         Blocks per segment of large relation: 131072
>         Catalog version number:               200101061
>         LC_COLLATE:                           en_GB
>         LC_CTYPE:                             en_GB
>         Log archive directory:
>
> This looks quite valuable.  Do people want this in /contrib?  How does
> this compare to your utility?

Mine is an external C funtion, so it can easily be used from any client.
And I intend to propose it into pg_locale.c ealy in 7.2 development.

Hannu