Re: Re: round - timestamp bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Re: round - timestamp bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> No, the behavior is not platform-specific.  I'm on HP-PA:

Hmm. Don't see that on my Linux box :(

We don't have regression tests which cover this case?

> The problem is that we round the fractional seconds part to two digits
> only after we've separated seconds from the other fields.  (I imagine
> the code is not even doing that explicitly, but leaving it to sprintf
> to do so.)  It would work better if we rounded the entire floating
> timestamp value to two fractional digits before we break it down,
> eg with
>         tstamp = rint(tstamp * 100.0) / 100.0;

Sure, that's a possibility. There is already a macro to help do that
sort of thing, but I've not jumped to this solution since we probably
should allow some kind of variable precision on date/time types.

                     - Thomas