Re: postmaster grows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Max Vaschenko
Subject Re: postmaster grows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

> Max Vaschenko <max@nino.ru> writes:
> > After some (2-3 weeks) time both postmaster and all (every) backends take
> > about 60mb memory.
>
> Okay, then it is a postmaster leak.  The backends are started by fork
> from the postmaster, so they'd inherit whatever data memory size the
> postmaster currently has.
>
> > May be backend that running long time, causes other postgres processes
> > to grow?
>
> Not possible for a backend to affect the postmaster like that, AFAICS.
> I think it's just a garden-variety memory leak in some postmaster
> operation.
>
> Since this isn't being reported by other folks, either there's a
> system-specific problem or you are using a postmaster feature that's not
> widely used.  RedHat 6.2 is pretty common so we can probably eliminate
> system-specific issues.  Which authentication method(s) do you use?
> (If you could send your whole pg_hba.conf file, that might be useful to
> look at.)

----- pg_hba.conf --
local all                                  password
host  all    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255  password
host  all    xxx.xx.x.xx  255.255.255.255  password
host  all    xxx.xx.x.xx  255.255.255.255  password
host  all    xxx.xx.x.xx  255.255.255.255  password
host  all    xxx.xx.x.xx  255.255.255.255  password

Four databases with some simple plpgsql triggers.
Access to postgres from C and PHP3.

ó Õ×ÁÖÅÎÉÅÍ, ÷ÁÝÅÎËÏ íÁËÓÉÍ,
îÉÖÅÇÏÒÏÄÓËÉÅ ÉÎÆÏÒÍÁÃÉÏÎÎÙÅ ÓÅÔÉ
(8312) 30-19-05, 34-00-02, 30-09-73