Re: Selecting Current value from a sequence - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Selecting Current value from a sequence
Date
List pgsql-sql
Clayton,

> > Hi all,
> >  It is a very simple but I am not able to recall  how to do it.... I
> > just need to find out the  current value of a seq. It is very simple
> > select statement but I can't recall it... Help me please before I get
> > myself get fired -:).
> > Regards, Najm
>
> select nextval('nameofseq');

Sorry, no.  You want SELECT CURRVAL('sequence_name').  NEXTVAL select
the NEXT value, and increments the sequence in the process.

-Josh Berkus

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology      josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions       (415) 436-9166  for law firms, small